Empowering you community. One donation at a time.
1 in 3 local lives are impacted by your gift.
Your donation to United Way is the single best way to help the most people in our community. Your annual United Way gift is at work 24/7 helping people by strengthening the building blocks of a better life – Education, Earnings & Essentials. Your funds stay local making it possible for United Way and our network of member agencies and community partners to achieve life-changing results!
- children, youth, and adults achieve their potential through EDUCATION;
- hard working people build their EARNINGS; and
- everyone has access to the ESSENTIALS, like food, housing, health care, and help during a crisis.
Jamie wants to succeed. All he needs is the opportunity. But, like 41% of local children, he qualifies for the free and reduced lunch program and his family struggles to make ends meet.
What Your Donation can Accomplish:
- 98% of high school seniors enrolled in mentoring programs at United Way member agencies graduated.
- To build children’s early literacy and school readiness skills, United Way distributed over 6,000 books to kindergarteners and preschoolers through the Let’s Read and Real Men Read collaborations.
- The Free Community Tax Service program brought together 200 volunteers to assist Monroe and Owen county residents file 3,030 federal returns and save over $925,000 in tax preparation fees, which they plan to invest in food, clothing, paying bills, and to put toward savings.
- 512 people including seniors, youth, recovering addicts, victims of domestic violence, and people with disabilities were helped with budgeting and money management.
- 85% of at-risk teens, victims of domestic violence, recovering addicts, and families living in transitional shelter moved into stable, affordable, safe, permanent housing from programs at United Way member agencies.
- 194,514 bags of groceries and 1,179,332 meals were provided to community members at risk of hunger in Monroe, Owen, and Greene counties.
The Impact of a Dollar:
- $1/wk provides 50 bags of healthy groceries to low-income families.
- $2/wk supplies a person with diabetes with blood sugar test strips for a year.
- $3/wk provides school supplies for 5 children living in transitional shelter.
- $9/wk ensures 3 days of emergency shelter service for victims of domestic violence.
- $20/wk supports three months of personalized care for a community member with disabilities.
How We Achieve Results:
>> Member Agencies work with United Way to create success in our community thanks to your donations to the Community Action Fund. We are proud to award funding to these organizations through a local volunteer-led grants process. Click here for a full listing of member agencies.
>> Collaborations bring key partners together to create a stronger community. Click here for a listing of current collaborations.
- Silver level Vanguards ($1,000-$2,499) who increase their donations by 10% from the prior year.
- Vanguard givers over $2,500 who increase their donation by 5% from the prior year.
- Current Vanguard donors giving at the same level for the past five years will have any increase over $100 matched.
- New Vanguard donors will have their entire gift amount matched. Prior Vanguards who did not give during the last campaign will also qualify for this match.
- New Young Leadership Society donors.
- Increases in Young Leader gifts by $100 or more.