Leadership Givers make a substantial impact creating lasting change while also helping people get back on their feet today.
Contribution levels to United Way of Monroe County qualify donors for membership in our giving societies.
The Vanguard Leadership Giving Program
Recognizes individuals who contribute $1,000 or more annually. Vanguards demonstrate a significant commitment to sustained improvement in the lives of community members to build a more resilient community. You are invited to join at the following giving levels:
- Benjamin Harrison ($10,000+)
- Platinum ($5,000-$9,999)
- Gold ($2,500-$4,999)
- Silver ($1,000-$2,499)
Additional features of the Vanguard Giving Program:
- Members of the same household may combine their gifts to participate in the Vanguard program.
- Gifts that are matched by an employer will be recognized in the Vanguard program if the total gift is $1,000 or more.
The Young Leaders Society
Recognizes civic-minded individuals or couples under the age of 40 who make a combined annual gift of at least $500. These leaders demonstrate an early commitment to United Way of Monroe County and their community.
Additional features of the Young Leaders Society:
- Young Leaders may also participate in the Vanguard Leadership Giving Program.
- Couples may request their individual gifts be combined annually for eligibility in the Young Leaders Society.
About Leadership Recognition
Unless Leadership donors choose to remain anonymous, they are recognized in a publicly distributed Annual Report to the Community. Occasionally, United Way volunteers host special events to acknowledge the important role Leadership Givers play in the general United Way campaign and our community.
2022-2023 Leadership Chair
Emeritus Professor of Accounting