Student United Way at Indiana University Bloomington
Student United Way is a student-led community change organization. Student leaders improve peoples’ lives, develop leadership skills and join the growing United Way movement by giving, advocating, and volunteering on campus and in the community. Upon graduation, student leaders of United Way campus chapters join an alumni network that helps them stay involved in community change for the long term.
The Student United Way at Indiana University serves the local community by
1) Giving, Advocating, and Volunteering in the areas of Education, Earnings, and Essentials,
2) helping members and other students grow as leaders and connect to the community, and
3) building lasting relationships amongst members and with the United Way movement.
The Student United Way work includes
- Advocate: Educate members and the student body about critical community issues in education, income, and health
- Volunteer: Serve, and recruit peers to serve, in meaningful ways that help create lasting change
- Give: Fundraise and donate to help address critical issues facing the community
[WHAT WE DO]
Spread the word about United Way by helping us put up posters around campus.
Earn the Shirt
Interested in getting involved? Sign-up to become a club member and participate in one of our student events to earn your LIVE UNITED t-shirt...but Don't Just Wear the Shirt, Live It.
Indiana University Campaign
Indiana University Campaign for United Way
Thanks to the generous support of Indiana University faculty, staff, and students, a hungry senior received a warm meal, a child received a much needed mentor, and a family is getting assistance to make it through a crisis.
These and many other moments are only possible due to caring individuals throughout the community who participate in the annual United Way campaign each fall collectively donating over $1.3 million dollars to support the efforts of United Way and its 26 partner agencies.
Last year, led by dedicated employees and university leaders, the Indiana University campaign raised an impressive, $799,655.
The 2016-2017 campaign kicks-off September 20, 2016 and runs through November.
For 60 years, the United Way of Monroe County has been working to address the most pressing human service issues of local residents and is thankful for the incredible generosity of Indiana University student, faculty, and staff.
Student United Way is an active part of the campaign in many ways including:
- Update Progress boards
- Pledge Card Delivery (on campus)
For more information on the Indiana University Bloomington United Way Campaign visit http://unitedway.indiana.edu/
“Like” us on facebook
Contact Sarah Taylor at sarah (at) monroeunitedway.org to find out more information.