United Way of Monroe County is proud to work with local nonprofits to ensure they sell their current allotment of Indiana Neighborhood Assistance Program Credits. NAP tax credits are "sold" to donors by certain nonprofits. These credits, 50% of your contribution amount, can then be subtracted from your Indiana income tax liability. See your tax advisor for more information.
To assist in this process, NAP Credit purchases from any of the following agencies can be made through United Way of Monroe County by Vanguard donors... they will count toward the Vanguard donor's total gift.
United Way can work with you to handle the paperwork and will NOT charge any pledge processing fees for handling these donations. The Vanguard donor only needs to designate $1,000 of the total gift to the United Way Community Action Fund, which ensures the top priorities in our community are all being addressed.
According to State of Indiana guidelines, NAP Credits must be purchased using cash or check. United Way donors can continue to fulfill their additional Community Action Fund pledges via cash, check, ACH, credit card, billing, or payroll deduction.
For example, if you contribute $1,000 to the Community Action Fund and donate another $1,500 through United Way to purchase NAP credits, you will be considered a United Way Gold Vanguard (our $2,500-$5,000 level)... and all of the $1,500 will be forwarded to these agencies so that you receive the full value of your credits. As a service to all NAP agencies, United Way takes no processing fee.
The 2016 - 2017 NAP Credit Awards:
- Amethyst House * [SOLD OUT]
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Central Indiana * [SOLD OUT]
- Bloomington Meals on Wheels [SOLD OUT]
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Bloomington * [SOLD OUT]
- Catholic Charities Bloomington * [SOLD OUT]
- Children's Therapy Clinic (IU Health) [SOLD OUT]
- Community Justice & Mediation Center
- Community Kitchen of Monroe County * [SOLD OUT]
- Foundation of Monroe County Community Schools [SOLD OUT]
- Girls Inc. of Monroe County *
- Habitat for Humanity of Monroe County
- Hoosier Hills Food Bank * [SOLD OUT]
- Indiana Legal Services * [SOLD OUT]
- LifeDesigns *
- Lotus Education & Arts Foundation [SOLD OUT]
- Middle Way House* [SOLD OUT]
- Monroe County United Ministries *
- Monroe County YMCA
- Mother Hubbard's Cupboard * [SOLD OUT]
- New Hope Family Shelter * [SOLD OUT]
- People & Animal Learning Services * [SOLD OUT]
- Pinnacle Learning Services
- Shalom Community Center * [SOLD OUT]
- South Central Community Action Program, Inc
- Stepping Stones
- Stone Belt Arc *
- Volunteers in Medicine Clinic of Monroe County * [SOLD OUT]
- Wonderlab Museum of Science, Health and Technology [SOLD OUT]
* denotes United Way of Monroe County member agency
Please contact info [at] monroeunitedway.org or (812) 334-8370 or the agencies above for more information.
This page updated on January 25, 2017